1. All players are required to keep score in accordance with USCF rules. The tournament director requests that a copy of all game scores be turned upon completion of games in for two reasons: a) Most importantly, to prevent any later disputes on game results (this has happened in the past); b) For inclusion in the tournament bulletin, if one is published for the event.
2. The starting time for round 1 will be 7:00 pm. Subsequent rounds will start at 6:55 pm unless otherwise announced.
3. Unless otherwise posted, the basic time control is Game in 60 minutes with a 15 second increment. If, for some reason, round 1 is late getting started, the time control may be shortened by the tournament director to ensure the round finishes prior to the closing of Great Escape Games.
4. Half-point byes are available for any round and may be requested at any time prior to the posting of the official pairings. Exceptions: Last round byes must be requested prior to the start of the next to last round when the event is six or fewer rounds (i.e., if the tournament has five rounds, a fifth round bye must be requested prior to the start of round four), or when the event has more that six rounds, byes for the last two rounds must be requested prior to the start of the start of the round before the last two rounds (i.e., if the tournament has eight rounds, a seventh and eighth round bye must be requested prior to the start of round six). Two half-point byes may be requested in events of five or fewer rounds. Three half-point byes may be requested in events with six or more rounds. Exceeding the maximum number of byes for a tournament will make an individual ineligible for winning a prize, however the individual may still participate in the tournament. Zero point byes may be requested at any time. Tentative pairings and current standings will be posted on the Recent Results page of the Club’s website.
5. The primary object of a Club night event is to make sure as many players as possible have a game to play each night they are in attendance. As such, 15 minutes after the start time of the round, the tournament director reserves the right to repair any players whose opponent has not yet arrived. Any player who arrives more than 15 minutes late will either be paired with another player who arrives more than 15 minutes late, with a house player (if available), or may not have a game at all. In some instances, he tournament director may take an unplayed game in order to ensure others have a tournament game that evening.
6. Prizes will be determined based on overall entries. If a tournament has cash prizes, the categories and prizes will be announced after round two unless otherwise announced.
7. Tiebreaks, if necessary, will be as follows: 1) Modified Median; 2) Solkoff; 3) Cumulative; 4) Opposition Cumulative.
8. The USCF Official Rules of Chess, 6th Edition, as modified by the USCF, will be used to resolve any disputes.